DO YOU FIGHT FAKE NEWS, BOTS AND TROLLS ONLINE AND RESTORE DIGITAL TRUST?
Do you have an idea how to tackle the challenges of trust and authenticity in the digital age?
Then submit your idea to the Digital Trust Challenge and get feedback which enables you to progress and scale your idea.
In the final round pitch your idea or solution to +80 renowned leaders from industry, investors, NGOs, and politics at an exclusive event in Berlin in early 2023.
What problem do we need to solve?
In the last few years, generative AI technologies such as Deepfakes and GPT3 have become good enough to create deceptively real “human beings” online. Such advanced bots can be produced and operated at arbitrary scale and can flood the digital space to the point where real human beings and their content become hard to find. Such bots are used in small numbers as “virtual influencers” for advertising (see e.g. https://sensoriumxr.com/articles/guide-to-virtual-influencers ) or purely text-based in large numbers to post fake product reviews, and thus make it ever harder for companies to compete on product quality rather than on artificially created buzz. Such bots are also used to manipulate the political discourse (see e.g. https://www.oreilly.com/radar/ai-powered-misinformation-and-manipulation-at-scale-gpt-3/ ).
They simulate majorities and distort public opinion towards the views of those who have the resources to operate them. – Put bluntly, AI-automated bots flooding the digital space make trust impossible and are a threat to economic and democratic systems alike.
What’s in it for you?
- Get access to our strong partner network from KI Park, Deloitte, VDE, NMA and Gauly
- Pitch in front of a highly curated jury and get valuable feedback
- Be part of future KI Park events and communication measures
What are we looking for?
- Products, services, protocols, infrastructures, identity management concepts or any other realistically implementable approaches to solve these problems.
- The role of (real) human beings, both as consumers and as citizens should be taken into account.
- Since it is a global issue multinational or globally scalable solutions are preferred.
What are we not looking for?
- Approaches that are mainly based on regulatory measures, e.g. outlawing Deepfakes or requiring labelling
- Approaches which rely on technical tools that detect AI-generated bots and fakes. This solution path has been explored quite well already and is limited in that it can only ever be an arms race between fabrication and detection technologies.
YOUR KEY INFO
What is the process?
- Submit your pitch via the application form
- Be preselected as 1 of 20 innovative AI startups by NMA.VC and KI Park Berlin.
- Become 1 of 5 Startups which can pitch in front of a renowned jury from the media industry in early 2023.
- Application period: October 25 - February 14, 2023
- Pitch event: May / June 2023
Who are your partners along the way?
WE ARE EXCITED FOR YOUR IDEAS!
Do you have a question? Feel free to contact us!
Marc Karahan KI Park | Venture Development Lead E-Mail: Marc@kipark.de Tel: +49 176 97788843
Merlene Vrielmann NMA Venture Capital | Business Development Manager E-Mail: email@example.com Tel: +49 176 84519131
Sebastian Hallensleben VDE | Head of Digitalisation & AI KI-Park | Moonshot Lead for AI Trust & Disruption E-Mail: Sebastian.Hallensleben@vde.com
Premier hub for startup-driven innovation.
Marc Karahan KI Park E-Mail: Marc@kipark.de Tel: +49 176 97788843
INFORMATION - Imprint Data Privacy
CONTACT - firstname.lastname@example.org +491784497585 NMA Venture Capital GmbH
cc 2021 NMA Venture Capital GmbH